Youth SUP Academy
The Youth SUP Academy is aimed at widening participation in Paddle Boarding in Oxfordshire, encouraging young people aged 12-24 to enter the sport, and developing skills through regular training sessions. Training will be delivered by experienced coaches from the Club and visiting Industry Expert coaches, facilitating a pathway into competitive sport.
The Key objectives of the Academy are to:
- Introduce young people to the sport of SUP (Stand up paddle boarding)
- Develop skills and self confidence
- Improve fitness and enjoy physical activity
- Improve mental health and wellbeing
- Make new friends and work as a supportive team
- Optional Pathway to competitive SUP racing
Life skills & additional benefits:
- Development of personal goals while also being part of a team
- Development of wellbeing capacities, in particular resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Understanding the benefits of self-care such as nutrition, mindfulness and being in nature.
- Opportunity to become part of Oxford SUP race team
Dedicated Youth SUP Training
The Season runs from Sunday 11th June to Sunday 23rd September, 16 weeks, from 10am to 12pm every Sunday morning.
Session prices are £15 per session.
Session are booked in a minimum block of 4 sessions. The 4 week block price is £60
If you book an 8 week block the price is discounted by 10%. An 8 week block is £108.
If you book for the full 16 week season the price is discounted to £190.
SUP Club members get a 25% discount on all sessions booked.