BSUPA level 2Ready to Tour
Introduction to Touring
LOCATION: Oxford SUP Club at Farmoor Reservoir
GROUP SIZE: 6 people (per instructor)
SESSION DURATION: 3 Hours
SESSION CONTENT: The Aim of this course is to work on the basic SUP skills learnt during the Level 1 lesson, and to develop skills to improve your paddling.
This 3 hour intermediate session is ‘skill and knowledge focused’ aiming to give students a safe way of getting more time on the water. By the end of this course paddlers should be able to:
- Understand different locations to paddle and their restrictions/challenges
- Have knowledge of different touring disciplines and how to get involved
- Demonstrate an improved efficient paddle stroke
- Use a variety of strokes to maintain tracking and manoeuvrability on the water
- Navigate obstacles and third parties afloat taking into account, flow, weather and any other elements
- Have knowledge of how to plan a trip taking into account weather, flow, tide, access, 3rd parties, exit options
- Have understanding of personal gear you might take with you when touring.
Adults: £70 each
16-18 yrs: £50 each