Oxford SUP Club is a not for profit Community Interest Company that exists to benefit the community, not shareholders
About the Company
Oxford SUP Club was founded by Our Head Coach Andrew in 2015, and has been growing and developing ever since. Andrew is a highly regarded SUP Coach with a wealth of knowledge and experience. He is also a Director of the British Stand Up Paddle Association which is the governing body for the sport of SUP in the UK.
Oxford SUP Club is a Community Interest Company. What that means is that it operates as a NOT FOR PROFIT business whose main purpose is to benefit the community and develop the sport of paddleboarding. Whilst the company does have paid staff, it has no shareholders and pays no dividends to Directors.
The objectives of the business are focussed on developing SUP as a sport in the UK, and offering healthy outdoor activities to the community in which we operate. Here is our Community Interest Statement:
The objects of the Company are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to the promotion of sport in the community by:
- Providing accessible and affordable stand up paddle boarding (SUP) to local communities
- Promoting the increase of SUP within local communities
- Creating pathways for children and young people to participate and compete in SUP events and competitions
- Promoting SUP as a benefit to mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Promoting engagement through SUP with the natural environment
- Using SUP to protect and conserve local waterways
- Creating local jobs for local people and the provision of leadership and apprenticeship opportunities for young people
If you would like to learn more about the company or are interested in working with us, please get in touch by email
What do we do?
Oxford SUP Club is a BSUPA (British Stand Up Paddle Boarding Association) approved SUP school. All of our instructors are qualified via the BSUPA Instructor Training scheme, and are trained by the UK’s most accomplished SUP paddlers. The sessions we run follow BSUPA’s tried & tested format, and are designed to be safe, fun and enjoyable.
The team are very passionate about developing the sport of SUP in the UK, and introducing this amazing activity to as many people as possible. We’re proud to be industry leading experts in providing SUP experiences in a structured, fun and safe environment. We offer beginner SUP lessons, intermediate and advanced SUP training and a range of SUP events for families, groups, companies & charities. Everything we do is about enjoyment of the outdoors, living a healthy lifestyle and developing skills to support your mental health and wellbeing.